Dear Carers and family,
Firstly, Alino Living would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding during the last two years in relation to COVID-19 visitation restrictions. We want you and the residents to enjoy the company of loved ones over the Christmas and holiday period, our primary goal is to implement any practices necessary to limit the chance of exposure to COVID -19 within our facilities. The last update regarding visitation from NSW Health was provided on November 30. In the absence of any new notification from NSW Health this letter is a reminder of the current visitation guidance.
- Residents are permitted to have two fully vaccinated visitors aged 12 years and over, per day
- A surgical mask must be worn
- Visitors aged 12 years and over must have received a second dose of a COVID vaccination at least 14 days prior to their visit.
- All visits must take place in the resident’s room or an outdoor area, no visits in communal areas are permitted
- With the current exponential increase in local cases of cases we strongly recommend that children under 12 years of age do not accompany you on your visit to the facility
- If you do decide to have 2 children accompany you on your visit, we will require that:
- the visit is in an outdoor area
- the child should wear a mask
- the child should have Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT) just before the visit and provide proof of a negative result before entry to the service.
- You can purchase the RAT test at a local pharmacy and other retail outlets.
- Visitors must not enter an RACF at all if they:
- have COVID-19 symptoms
- are a close or casual contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 unless they have completed their self-isolation and testing requirements.
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
- have been to an overseas country of concern in the last 14 days
- have been to other overseas countries (not of concern) in the previous 14 days, unless they are:
- fully vaccinated and have received a negative PCR test 7 days or later after arrival in NSW
Residents are permitted to leave the facility and attend family gatherings or for other reasons but must abide by the current Public Health (COVID-19 General) Order 2021.
All residents leaving the facility for a family gathering will be risk assessed prior to leaving the site. If a concern or risk is identified the resident may be required to isolate on return to the service
Please note that any form of aggression (including verbal) in relation to our staff manning the front door or gathering screening information will not be tolerated and will be referred to a senior manager who may deem that it is not safe to allow such aggressive behaviours into the service. We have the right to protect our staff from inappropriate and intolerable behaviours from the public.
We thank you for your support during these challenging times. As previously mentioned, our primary goal is to limit the possibility of COVID -19 from entering our facility. Christmas and holidays will be particularly busy, and we ask for your patience and support during this period.